It’s Really not your Fault, but take Responsibility.

causes-of-obesity-3

Two studies have come out since the beginning of the year to update us on the health of the World.

The first one says that obesity is growing among our adults and children at an alarming rate. There are more overweight than underweight people in the world.

The other study says 1 in 11 adults worldwide are diabetic. This level of affected people has the potential to bankrupt the healthcare system of many countries.

The call is for governments to do something about the situation, and I agree they should. However, it is our health that will be affected, it is our families and households that will be affected and we can do something now. The food industry will fight all attempts to make it change even harder than the cigarette industry did when governments tried to change it.

We can do something now  to change our lifestyle and save our health.  We have to begin to evaluate every food we eat and feed our families.

 

  • Does this food offer me any nutrients for all the sugar, salt or fat that it carries?
  • Could I get these nutrients without all that sugar, salt and fat?
  • Am I eating enough fresh fruits and vegetables on a daily basis
  • Are all my proteins coming to me loaded with saturated fats?
  • Am I eating any peas, beans and nuts?
  • Am I getting any Healthy fats in my diet like the Omega3 fats?

 

As I guide I have been watching protein intake and sources on a daily basis. We begin to lose muscle mass as we age and it is quite easy for you not to have your daily requirement met.  When this happens we begin to crave for thing to eat. There is an abundance of processed food quick and easy nice tasty and cheap and loaded with carbohydrates, sugar and fats and not .much else by way of nutrients, that you could munch all day.

Take action, chose wisely.

  • Go to farmers market
  • Get most of your sugar from nutrient rich fruits
  • Get most of your carbohydrates from vegetables. They are loaded with phytonutrients that your body needs.

Don’t let the food industry tell you that it’s lack of exercise that’s making you fat.

Exercise is necessary and important for good health but it is 20% of the plan. The other 80% is nutrition. What you eat is the key.

I make use of Meal Replacement Shake meals which have the right amount of plant based protein, healthy fats, carbohydrates, phytonutrients, minerals and vitamins. I replace at least one meal per day preferably breakfast with this Shake meal. Then I plan all my other meals and snacks to keep me nourished for the day. Truly it’s living day by day. Take all temptation away by having only the right type of food in your grocery, fridge and pantry.

If you are obese it’s not going away overnight. It will take persistent consistent change of your lifestyle.

In another article I will tell you how I made several lifestyle changes bit by bit over time. How are you taking care and managing your weight? Please share below.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: